Cooking Classes

7.5.14

Garlic and Herb Oven Fries

This month with the Cooking Light Supper Club we are allowing ourselves an indulgence, lightened up. One of my favourite indulgences is french fries. Don't get me started on those or I will be having them several times a week. I can honestly say that I can count on one hand the number of times I have eaten french fries since Christmas! This truly is a treat for me this month.

This recipe really works. The fries were crispy. I ate without the guilt of buying fast food. If you are one to love them with aioli this recipe will please you. The garlic butter they are tossed in hits the spot. To alleviate my guilt even more, I had them with my  homemade catsup. Did you know that a tablespoon of catsup contains one teaspoon of sugar? That is just gross. Making catsup is so worth it. My recipe for homemade catsup is here.

Check out the rest of our group for more amazing flavours you will want to make.
 







 

Garlic and Herb Oven Fries

Serves 6 (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)

2 lb. potatoes
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Preheat a roasting pan and oven to 450F. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch matchsticks. Toss with oil. Arrange in pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn oven to broil. Broil 20 minutes or until browned, turning once. Melt butter in skillet. Add minced garlic and saute 30 seconds. Add fries. Cook 1 minute. Toss with salt and pepper.

3 comments:

  1. French fries are one of my guilty pleasures Saran. Most of all I love the artery clogging Canadian dish poutine:D Guilt free is much better I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A recipe that allows guilt-free consumption of French Fries is a welcome addition to my cook book! These look wonderful!
    I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fries look way better than the oven fries I make! I can't wait to try your method!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.